FIRST Mentors, are, through the kids, the key ingredient in the success of a team. The Mentors’ contribution to the success of FIRST programs and ultimately to the success of FIRST is immeasurable. The time, responsibility and expertise of a Mentor or Coach will vary but the one constant is that you are bringing something to your team that they need to learn, grow and succeed.
- Can be a person of any age, teaching others what they know
- Brings either technical or non technical expertise to the team
- Provides the opportunity for students to learn directly through experiences
- Begins as a teacher, evolves into a colleague
- Knows that Mentoring and Coaching is about inspiring and guiding
- Provides students the environment to succeed
- Is patient, supportive, enthusiastic, compassionate and available
- Remembers what’s important – it’s about the kids and they come first
Want to Become a Mentor?
Contact the Northern CA FIRST Senior Mentor, Bert Abrahamzon